- From your Shopify admin, go to Discounts.
- From the Discounts page, click Create discount.
- In the Discount code section, enter a name for the new discount code (for example,
freeshipping4smallorders). To generate a random discount code, click Generate code.
- In the Options section, select the Free shipping discount type.
- In the Countries section, leave All countries selected or choose the countries that you want the discount to apply to. If you want to exclude free shipping for shipping rates over a certain monetary value, then check Exclude shipping rates over a certain amount and enter the amount in the field. This discount applies to shipping rates only, and is unrelated to order amounts.
- In the Customer eligibility section, select who this discount will apply to: Everyone, Specific groups of customers, or Specific customers.
- Discount usage is unlimited by default. If you want to limit discount usage, then check one of the options in the Usage limits section:
- Use the calendar in the Active dates section to set the start date for the discount. If you want to set an end date for the discount, then click Set end date and use the calendar to choose when the discount will end.
- When you are finished, click Save discount.